The Community > Provincial Level
At the provincial level to promote exchanges and joint lobbying between all mental health consumers, general information on services and mental health issues, promote empowerment, educate and develop a public awareness on mental health issues.
To promote empowerment and self-help on the part of mental health consumers through a model where consumers and interveners are on an equal basis and act as co-workers.
- To create a network amongst consumers in New Brunswick based on strength and solidarity.
- To promote the development of self-help groups and provide assistance and guidance to the existing support groups and activity centers.
- To be the voice of mental health consumers in New Brunswick.
- To develop a communication network amongst consumers.
- To educate and to develop a public awareness and an understanding of mental health and mental health issues.
- To present briefs and motions to advocate for the consumers needs and interests.
- To work in collaboration with other organizations to improve mental health care and services.
- To promote exchanges and joint lobbying between all mental health consumers.
- To promote the empowerment of the individual consumer.
- To promote good mental health.